- Find someone from The Company of Fifers & Drummers to read the Company prayer. (Dan or Dick R. should be able to help find someone, and Dan usually has a copy of the prayer.)
- Announce the name of each corps and where they are from as they parade onto the field.
- Sudbury returns to the field playing their entry number.
- Welcome every one to the Nth Colonial Faire (1st was in 1971)
& Invitational Ancient Muster presented jointly by the
Sudbury Companies of Militia & Minute and the
Sudbury Ancient Fyfe & Drum Companie.
- Mention what is an Ancient Muster (not a competition).
- Colonial fairs were commonplace in the fall after the harvest
- F&D tradition in Sudbury dates back to 1650 when
the town voted in town meeting to purchase a drum
and halberd for the local militia. (According to
Hudson’s History of Sudbury).
- Trustees of the Wayside Inn and 2 generations of
Innkeepers for their generosity, encouragement and courage.
- The Company of Fifers and Drummers and all the member
corps for their continued participation and support.
- The members of the Minute & Militia and the SAFDCO
and their families for the hard work that makes this
- Ask all to rise for a reading of The Company Prayer in
remembrance of the many generations of Ancient musicians
who have gone before us, and for the playing of our
National Anthem (To Anacrion in heaven),
- Announce the results of the SAFDCO elections.
- Introduce the SAFDCO and their stand piece(s) and
wing it from here on.